Monday, April 23, 2007

Redneck Jokes

You might be a redneck if...

...you've ever had to lug a can of paint to the top of a water tower to defend your sister's honor!

--Jeff Foxworthy

You might be a redneck if...

...you've ever taken a joyride in a John Deer Gator.

--Talitha Shipman

Okay, so mine isn't nearly as comical as Jeff's, but I did see a couple taking a joyride in a Gator a couple of days ago. Yes, I do live amongst hicks. And I might even be a little hickish myself. Cuz' I, "wanna kick off my shoes and run in bare feet where the grass and the dirt and the gravel all meet...where the blacktop ends". And I occasioanlly burst out into a round of, "you get a line, I'll get a pole, we'll go fishing in the crawfish hole, five card poker on a Saturday night, church on Sunday mornin' ". And I might even say something like, "dag'nab'it" when I drop a bowl of Kashi organic bran flakes on the kitchen floor.

But you know, "I feel no shame, I'm proud of where I came from, I was born in raised in the boondocks".

Oh, boy, I'm strange.

P.S. I also have a hard time pronouncing George Washington's name correctly. I tend to say "Warshington". I blame this completely on my father who says things like "warshcloth".

Must be a Northwest Ohio thing ;)

No comments: